Our “Bentley Wings” Competitive Scholarship program provides competitive scholarships to eligible employees of Vi at Bentley Village and their dependents. These scholarships can be applied to tuition, fees and books at an accredited vocational or technical school, certification programs, college or university.
Since its inception in 2016, scholarships have been awarded to 39 recipients. Eight of past recipients have graduated. Our current scholars are seeking degrees and certifications in psychology, medicine, nursing, accounting, computer science, biology, social work, medical records, physical therapy, marine science, health care administration, business management and technical vocational programs.
Our scholarships are an annual award that may continue as long as the student is successfully pursuing the same degree, certification or credential in their original application.
Our Scholarship programs are offered under the umbrella of the highly respected Community Foundation of Collier County, a 501 (c)(3) non-profit corporation. Opportunities for general support as well as named and endowed scholarships are available to donors.
Our partners, CFCC and the Human Resource Department of Vi at Bentley Village, are prepared to support applicants in the application process. The Foundation’s Scholarship Committee is comprised of volunteers from Bentley Village residents and the Community Foundation of Collier County.
Scholarships are awarded in December and May of each year. Application deadlines will be determined by the Scholarship Committee.
Tell a friend!
Application for Bentley Village Wings Competitive Scholarships is available to any member of the Bentley Village workforce and their dependents.
- No geographic residency requirements.
- Scholarship funds are paid directly to the institution.
- Scholarships can be with any credentialed learning institution offering advanced education and/or vocational training.
- No specific GPA is required.
- The applicant must submit a 500 word essay that explains the student’s personal objective and why a scholarship is needed, a completed application and two non-family references. An interview with the Scholarship Committee may be required.
- Hardship may be taken into account.
- Scholarships can be renewed via written request to the Scholarship Committee as long as the applicant is successfully pursuing the same credential. Additional documentation may be required